• by Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director July 29, 2008

WHAT: Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA) and other House members will convene a press conference on Wednesday, July 30, in support of legislation to remove federal penalties for personal marijuana use, and take questions from the media.

HR 5843, An Act To Remove Federal Penalties for the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults, seeks eliminate federal penalties for possession of up to 100 grams of marijuana, and for the not-for-profit transfer of up to one ounce of marijuana.

Representatives from the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), the Drug Policy Alliance (DPA) and the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) will also participate in this press conference.

WHEN: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at 10:00am

WHERE: Room 2220 Rayburn House Office Building

CONTACT: R. Keith Stroup, NORML Legal Counsel, at (202) 483-5500.

47 Responses to “NORML Press Advisory: US Lawmakers To Hold Capitol Hill Press Conference Tomorrow To Urge Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition”

1. Rick says:

This makes sense. When will it happen? (The ending of the prohibition, not the news conference). Is it a generational thing?

2. Will this Press Conference Tomorrow To Urge Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition be televised?

3. Jon Coyne says:

I support this 100%.

4. Brittany says:

Obama/Frank 08

5. Lex says:

So will this be televised or at least on the daily audio stash??? I can’t be there to support my fellow brethren but I will certainly be there in spirit…unless televised and then I’ll have my eyes glued to the tube….
      I support this too like the others here but remember this is just one step of many forward! Our NORML, DPA, MPP will stomp the SHIT out of any comments or references that are made. I know that they can hold their own and will look out for us smokers….I will be burning green candle, saying prayers, and wrapping some nice joints while looking forward to hearing of the results of this union….

WATCH OUT THOUGH LAWMAKIN’ OFFICIALS ARE SCUM AND EASILY TURN THEIR BACKS ON US ALL IN THE NAME OF “WAR AGAINST DRUGS”!!

OBAMA ALL THE WAY….YOU VOTE FOR OLD ASS MCCAIN: YOU ARE ASKING TO FURTHER PROHIBITION FOR THE NEXT PRESIDENCY!!! PAY ATTENTION PPL!

6. Carson Stewart says:

If I wasn’t an atheist, I would pray. We are moving forward, its only a matter of time. We are morally right! Good luck.

7. Alex says:

It’s a longshot, but it’s a beacon of hope for herbal enthusiasts everywhere. I really hope the bill makes it through, this is exactly the momentum we need. Prohibition kills. I’m ashamed to live under a government that would keep laws enacted that kill its own citizens. Let’s make things right!

8. Lex says:

Carson…It’s not about being athiest or religious. In fact, I’m not very religious…It’s about having faith in something that you believe in. I , like you and many others, believe in this soooo bad….
      It would have been nice if we had the aggressive assertiveness of our alcoholic brethren to help us win this fight, but notice how potheads are much more mature and laid back…well until you mix the two!

KEEP FAITH, HOPE, AND BELIEFS ALIVE

9. dooner says:

Sorry, friends. I really don’t think Obama has the b*lls.
      Maybe the dems will get their party in order next election. :(

Good Luck!

10. Excelion says:

Come on already cannibis has never hurt even one person prescription drugs kill 100’s of thousands of people each year legalize it and tax it so much money can be made from it.