Tonight: CNN Looks At Marijuana Legalization

• by Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director May 9, 2009

CNN host Don Lemon examined the growing call in America to legalize cannabis tonight, prompted by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s suggestion this week that the state debate legalizing cannabis and convene a blue-ribbon commission to examine the prospects of such.

I was opposed by prohibitionist Kevin Sabet in a very brief cable news exchange. If supporters of cannabis law reformers want to continue to raise the public discussion level on legalizing cannabis, contact CNN and request that they provide even greater coverage of cannabis-related matters, debates and online surveys; along with MSNBC, CNBC, Fox and C-Span.

195 Responses to “Tonight: CNN Looks At Marijuana Legalization”

1. Somedood says:

I hope its not as biased as the cnn site.

2. Matt the Ninja says:

Can’t wait to see how this goes down

3. Andrew 3 says:

YES! yes yes yes!

4. roy says:

does anyone know about pacific standard time?

5. Delpart says:

Good luck going up against one of CNN’s best “face men” for showing shock and constant belittling amusement. His previous comments on this topic were delivered with a smirk and chuckle. Not sure if thats what’s on his teleprompter or if its truly his view.

Not sarcastic. I just hope NORML’s views are not taken as some crazy view from the far left and discounted or belittled. While we have gotten a lot of good conversations flowing, I still cant help but notice the number of people who roll their eyes and say this is not important at this time.

Any excuse to avoid a real discussion is what I keep seeing from people. Before it was, “It’s illegal for a reason.” Now it’s, “Is this really important when we have some many more **important** things to face in America right now.”

I just wish people would understand part of why we’re in this situation right now is because of the previous ignorance.

6. bigdave says:

sweet now i know what doin tonite

7. Darrell Kilgore says:

Will be watching.LEGALIZE

8. CKDK29 says:

There Again Y Jus California All the States r In need of money LEGALIZE TAX,REGULATE across the map

9. Nate says:

Wow, good luck on the show. I am going to try and watch it, but don’t know if I will be around.

10. fireweed says:

Hey, give CNN a fair chance. So far they’ve had more pro-legalization pieces than any other station.