Dictionaries for the Drug Czar
Remember this statement from our Drug Czar that “legalization” is not in the president’s vocabulary, nor in his own?
Numerous writers in the blogosphere (including me) said, “Somebody get Gil a dictionary!” So we decided here at NORML to launch the official “Dictionaries for the Drug Czar” Campaign. Here’s how you can participate:
Dictionaries for the Drug Czar Campaign
- Go to your local discount store and buy a cheap pocket dictionary.
- Find legalization inside and mark it with a yellow highlighter and a Post-It® or paper-clip on that page
- Mail that dictionary to the Drug Czar at the address below.
- Buy a postcard.
- On the postcard write: “Director Kerlikowske, here is a new word for your vocabulary: le·gal·i·za·tion (noun): the act of authorizing something previously illegal.”
- Mail that postcard to the Drug Czar at the address below.
Cheap and simple no-mail option:
- Click that graphic up above to donate online to NORML.
- Fill in the boldfaced fields.
- Click the “Comments (Add any group affiliation here)”.
- Enter “Dictionary for the Drug Czar” in that line.
MAIL YOUR DICTIONARIES AND POST CARDS TO:
Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)
Executive Office of the President (EOP)
Attn: Director Gil Kerlikowske
Washington, DC 20503 June 30, 2009