NORML SHOW LIVE Saturday night: Reefer Madness Special!

• by Russ Belville, NORML Outreach Coordinator October 16, 2009

This Saturday night at 9pm Eastern (6pm Pacific), “Radical” Russ takes on all the top lies told by prohibitionists for a two-hour “Reefer Madness” special on NORML SHOW LIVE! From the idea that today’s pot “is not your father’s Woodstock Weed” to claims of schizophrenia, psychosis, cancer, lung disease, birth defects, and even “man boobs” being caused by marijuana use, to the latest scare that taxes from legalized marijuana would not cover the public health costs of marijuana, “Radical” Russ breaks them all down and gives you the simple replies you need to easily win the debate. We’re taking your calls all show long at 347-994-1810; ask us your reefer madness questions and we’ll give you the science that debunks it.

You can listen to the show LIVE Saturday at 9pm using the player on the right, which will also give you access to our archived shows from Madison Harvest Fest and NORML CON in San Francisco, or just by visiting http://live.norml.org.  You can also subscribe to the archived shows as a podcast through iTunes.

Next week on NORML SHOW LIVE we’ll bring you exclusive live access to the Cypress Hill Smokeout in San Bernadino, California, featuring Cypress Hill, the DefTones, SlipKnot, Kottonmouth Kings, and the first ever reunion of the band Sublime with their new lead singer.  Steve Bloom and I will be on hand, as well as Ed Rosenthal, Adrienne Curry, Ngaio Bealum, Tommy Chong, Alison Margolin, and many others, plus surprise guests I’m not allowed to mention.

Please check out the show every Saturday night and mark as us a favorite on BlogTalkRadio.

21 Responses to “NORML SHOW LIVE Saturday night: Reefer Madness Special!”

1. cant wait to hear it russ! keep up the great work!

2. Aaron says:

Wouldn’t want to miss it.

3. Alban C. says:

Yes, keep up the great work. Hasta la vitoria, siempre.

4. Ga Sunshine says:

Sublime? Hell Yeah! You go Russ!

5. anonymous says:

Alcohol kills
      Marijuana saves

Alcohol & prescription Drugs can kill
      Marijuana cannot kill

Alcohol , aspirin & prescription drugs can cause permanent health problems
      Marijuana does not cause health problems

Alcohol , legal pills , coffee , tobacco cause addiction
      Marijuana is not addictive .

Marijuana shows up as positive in ” Drug testing ”
      Their drugs which cause dealth , side effects & addiction show up negative

Whose lying about Marijuana , me or those ” legal ” Companies ?

6. I made the long drive up to , Laytonville , California to have my medical marijuana recommendation with , Dr. Rob Rosenthaul renewed yesterday . As i passed through Mendocino County and just as soon as i was North of , Willits i could smell the scent of Marijuana everywhere . It’s harvest time . All the towns were pretty quiet with the farmers all busy with harvesting their crops . It’s that time of year
      again .
      After reaching , Laytonville & inside our meeting place where everyone greeted the Doctor i heard the TESTIMONY of several of the patients . One gentleman who was assisted by the use of a cane stated that after 40 years ( he never said why he was taking prescription pills ) he told his Doctors he was going to quit taking all of his medications . His Doctors said that he had to do it gradually but , he said ,
      ” No I am going cold
      turkey ” off of your drugs . On the first day he quit he substituted his prescription drugs with marijuana . From his heart i heard him say he has never felt better since using marijuana and has not returned to prescription drugs again .
      The second person’s TESTIMONY was a lady of around 60 years of age who said she had a heart attack due to stress & anxiety . She said as she simulated holding a joint up to her mouth she ” takes just a couple of puffs & her stress & anxiety is gone with no side effects and she has not had any heart problems since .
      Myself i used to weigh 260 pounds & as a former ( working ) alcoholic i was taking , Norvasc for High blood pressure , Gemfibrozil for high Triclycerides , Celebrex for the pain in my knees and back , aspirin for headaches and more pills ( all legal ). After doing blood testing for diabetes the results were just a hair away from me testing positive . My Doctor said that if you don’t stop drinking your going to get diabetes or worse , kill yourself . The next day i smoked marijuana and it was even difficult to finish my one & only first beer . Prior to this day i easily drank up to 12 beers a day ( not to mention Vodka ) . In a few months i lost 40 pounds . I no longer take any medications . My blood pressure and Tryclycerides are normal . I kept my old pill bottles which are half full from the time i quit if anyone does not believe me . I HAVE NOT TAKEN ONE OF THESE PILLS SINCE USING MARIJUANA . You can see how i looked as aa beer drinker by going to ; North Coast Journal – Jerry Droz .
      Now after 2 + plus years of using marijuana you’ll see how i look today by going to ; IMDb c/o Jerry Droz .

I have told you the truth .

REVELATION 12 ; 11 ” And they overcame him ( the DEVIL ) by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony : “and they loved ( those who lust for money & power of the Earth ) not their lives unto the death ”

The Truth Doctor Jerry Droz

7. I would not be the TRUTH DOCTOR if i did not tell the truth .It’s been some time since i drank all that booze but , i must reiterate . I drank not 12 but , seven beers every night . It was always a six pack and one more to top things off . My memory could not be more clearer .
      In the first picture i was already down 20 pounds from my 260 lbs. I went after the Meth , Crack & Coke dealers on B Street in , Eureka . I am a Law abiding working cannabis professional . I choose the safer & healthier alternative to the deadly legal drugs that are available on the market today . Jerry Droz

8. Mike Stroup says:

“Public health costs of marijuana,” questionable as they may be, are in fact being paid now. Redirecting tens of billions of dollars from criminal drug profiteers to public tax coffers by re-legalizing cannabis could only help cover those costs, real or imagined. The truth is that sheeple, instead of being true American patriots, have allowed themselves to be lied to repeatedly by their government for many decades, up to and including this very moment. If the citizenry of this nation allows this to continue, they truely deserve to live like slaves, not the free people God intended as acknowledged in the Constitution of the United States.

9. Stompedonmyrights says:

I hope the show tonight talks a little about Jury Nullification and how that acts can undue any law the peole do not want to enforce.
      I hope that we will hear about those folks spreading their seeds in the face of this wayward government.
      Perhaps the show will talk about the Constructive Fraud and our governments on going criminal behavior toward the people of America. Lets address this legal / illegal government terroristic behavior toward the people of America.
      I dare this show to educate the public about Jury Nullification and the power in the people.
      I double dare this show to talk about planting the cannabis seeds in the face of the government, bet your show will not say anything about what we can do as a group to tear down this unlawful cannabis laws.
      Do you have what it takes to win this fight or are you just spinning our wheels.

[Russ responds: No need for any dares; I talk about these things all the time. I didn’t on this show, but jury nullification will be a major focus in some upcoming shows. I’ll be interviewing a jury expert to give us tips on how to get onto juries to enact some nullification.]