Prop. 19 Money Bomb — Final Hours Taking Place Right Now!

• by Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director September 13, 2010

Campaigners for California’s Prop. 19 are in the final hours of their ‘money bomb’ — a single day when supporters all across the nation contribute to the campaign to legalize marijuana in California.

Below is their message to supporters:

This money bomb will show that the Yes on 19 campaign has the grassroots support needed to win on November 2. This couldn’t be more important and timely, so we really need to do everything we can to help out. Contribute before midnight to the Yes on 19 money bomb! Help us raise $50,000, and show that we can succeed this November!

Why $50,000? Because today marks 50 days until Election Day – and by raising $1,000 for each day left, the Yes on 19 campaign will get a real shot in the arm in their efforts to get this critical victory for marijuana law reform. The whole world is watching. If California — the largest state in the country — takes a stand, others will follow. So please, take a moment to chip in to the Yes on 19 campaign’s money bomb and help us reach our $50,000 goal.

Make a donation of $25 or more to the Yes on 19 campaign right now and you’ll get a limited edition “I’m Voting Yes On Prop 19″ t-shirt. All proceeds will go straight to the Prop 19 campaign and be counted toward our $50,000 money bomb.

Want to learn the facts about Prop. 19? Check out Russ Belville word-for-word analysis here.

67 Responses to “Prop. 19 Money Bomb — Final Hours Taking Place Right Now!”

1. somedude says:

Someone in California tell me – what kind of campaigning is the Prop. 19 camp doing at the moment? TV ads? Radio spots? Newspaper? Yardsigns? Because I am sure the opposition has those running full tilt, and while I’ll gladly donate anyway, I just want to know that we’re keeping up in the public’s eyes.

[Paul Armentano responds: The goal of this and other fundraisers is to raise sufficient dollars to afford paid media in the final weeks of the campaign. Right now, the No on 19 campaign lacks funding for paid ad buys.]

2. john says:

i believe in norml and i pray that u get enough money to get prop 19 passed but even if we pass prop19 the corrupt politicians and thier prohibitionist movement will sue calif. like arizona over immigration so even if we win how can we win against the feds we all no they will sue and beat us so norml what can we do to uphold california prop 19 if it does win

3. Ennui says:

I’d just like to point out that the use of hard drug metaphors in association with a marijuana legalization campaign is a little bit of a no-no. Someone needs an editor.

4. Joe says:

YEA! i donated been watching and donations really picked up the last few hours! lets push prop 19 not just in cali but across the nation!!!!

VOTE YES ON PROP 19!

5. […] 2010 at 3:45 pm and is filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 […]

6. Now I can feel it callin in the air tonight, ohh, oh oh.

And I been waitin for this moment, for all my life, ohh, oh oh.

7. Twostripe says:

Come on folks, I live in South Carolina and contributed to this wonderful chance. Believe it or not I am a conservative-libertarian, and think this is the best chance we have had for contributing to our cause! “Remember, ya gotta feed the monkey , to watch him Shit”

8. I Pray to God this becomes a reality

9. William says:

Got a ten dollar mony order in my pocket and it will be in the mail first thing in the morning