Mothers For California’s Prop. 19

• by Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director October 20, 2010

The Associated Press has pulled together an excellent video package of mothers speaking out in favor of California’s Proposition 19. These collective voices and images make a powerful statement.

ABC News also highlighted yesterday’s ‘moms’ press conference, which came on the heels of a just-released Survey USA poll finding that voters endorse the measure 48 percent to 44 percent. You can read and watch ABC’s full coverage here.

You can also read Hannah Dershowitz excellent commentary, “Why Parents Should Support Legalizing Pot,” here.

19 responses to “Mothers For California’s Prop. 19”

1. […] View full post on NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform […]

2. Louie from Vegas says:

Well! resistance is on the rise.

3. […] full post on NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform Share and […]

4. Manford Mantis says:

To all prohibs,

“Listen to your mother!”

5. Manford Mantis says:

To all prohibs,

Wait till your father gets home!

6. afraidinCt. says:

do not live in California, so Prop 19 does not apply to me. However, Of californian’s I ask this :
      1. Please keep in you minds the Damage done not ONLY to California but to the rest of America from the Violent Gangs that Plaque’s our streets.

2. To keep in mind We are also oppressed by government.

3. To keep in mind the Horable Killings of thousands of Mexicans, that is still on going.

4. To keep in mind our Econamy and what help that Prop 19 can give is better than Spending Money that we don’t have on a War that we can’t win.

5. To keep in mind that in this Issue you DON”T stand alone.

And Finally I ask you to remember that When you Go Vote on Nov. 2 That Our hopes and hearts go with you. If I was californian, I would Say “YES ON PROP 19?

Go california Lead us into a Better way of Life.

7. lynette says:

I believe the drug companies feel threaten by the obvious benefits of marijuana because (it is a natural alternative to standard pharmaceutical treatments for pain) making Drug companies lose millions in revenue. Plus it will help stimulate the economy rather than harm it. I’m all for California Proposition 19 (prop19) which legalizes marijuana. There is a really interesting T-Shirt about Prop 19 that is fairly eye catching you got to check it out. A few known celebrities supports prop19 which is on the website as well. http://www.prop19tshirt.com

8. Bonghitta says:

i will smoke weed every day legalized or not so you might as well legalize it and let our government get some money from it instead of giving all the drug dealers the money which also gives them alot more power

9. Ross says:

Well, Calif Prop 19 did not pass. I voted for “Yes” for this proposition so California can collect the taxed revenue of hemp to help save our state’s economy. If I voted “No,” not only I am against Hemp for recreational use, but I keep the street/criminal organizations in business (Yes, they are also against prop 19)continuing fighting over to monopolized the illegal hemp trafficking/distrubition business. The violence will still continue and innocent people are killed in the cross fire between rival criminal gang wars.

I trully understand about parent’s concerns of having their young children using hemp if prop 19 passes. Well guess what, children have all ready have access to hemp in the streets,high schools and colleges. That’s nothing new.

As for me, I don’t drink alcohol (quit many years ago) because it does has health consequences and very addicting compare to hemp, which is a lot safer. Also, I’m not planning to smoke hemp since prop 19 did not pass because I’m supporting the street/organized criminal prosperities by buying their products.

A final thought. Those who like to smoke tobacco, drink alcohol, and voted “NO” on California’s Prop 19, Come on now, be consistent, not a hippocrates.