Miami Beach Mayoral Candidate Sings “I’ll Legalize Medical Weed For You”

• by Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director May 18, 2011

The voters of Miami Beach will soon go to the polls to elect a new mayor and they can choose our old friend and comedian Steve Berke (who did a popular video in support of Prop. 19 last year), who, once again, is communicating to the masses through his talent and creativity.

Steve, if I lived in Miami Beach, you’d have my vote!

18 Responses to “Miami Beach Mayoral Candidate Sings “I’ll Legalize Medical Weed For You””

1. Rich says:

We need more people like this. Hey mayby i’ll launch a fb campaign next election.

2. Dirty Harry says:

I liked the subtle hint of him pulling the two voting booths that are said to of had “hanging chads” and the vote not counting.
      The way I see the video, he is saying your vote WILL COUNT. You will be heard.

3. Dan Shelton says:

If I lived in South Beach, you’d have my vote and my wife’s and kid. We’re senior citizens.

4. In fact, we are in the midst of a special election here in Miami Dade County Florida. The former mayor was recalled and Luther “Uncle Luke” Campbell of former Miami booty bass group 2 Live Crew is running for Mayor and actually has a fighting chance. He’s up against a few candidates many of whom are Cuban American Republicans ready to keep the county going stright down the sink. He’s getting a lot of support and has already agreed to tax strippers and would help to decriminalize current marijuana laws in the most populous county in Florida (eighth most in the united states).

5. dbeall says:

has to be one of the most creative, honest and positive facing political ads I’ve seen. And he didn’t even have to slam his opponent with any lies or slanderous rhetoric.
      Looks like he could put the beach back in Miami Beach.

6. Anon says:

Would he even have the ability to legalize medical cannabis in MB? I understand the conflict between states rights and federal power but does a city executive official have the power to defy state law so blatantly? If so why haven’t cities like Oakland already legalized cannabis for personal use? This seems like an empty promise. Maybe I’m just not getting the joke.

7. John says:

This guy would get my vote 1000 times over. Too bad I live in Toronto; Mayor Ford has smoked weed, but heaven forbid you try and do it…

8. The American Genesist says:

“If it ain’t broke – don’t fix it.” Well! it’s as broken as it can get – So! – fix it. “Just do it!”

9. – How can growing and/or consuming a plant be considered a crime?
      – How can a crime be considered a crime when there is no victim?

– HELP END THE PROHIBITION OF THE CANNABIS PLANT!

– WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!

10. We have collected over 9000 raw signatures to decriminalize and create a $100 fine for small possession in the city of Miami beach, next step getting Steve elected. We will be going hard down here till June 1st. If you live locally contact us and well get you involved, eric@sensibleflorida.com.