Silver Tour: Wall Street Journal Looks At Seniors and Medical Marijuana Use

• by Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director May 29, 2012

To donate or learn more about Robert and the Silver Tour, click here.

From Wall Street Journal:

Then she attended a presentation at the local L’Dor Va-Dor synagogue in April put on by a group called the Silver Tour. The group aims to persuade seniors to support legislation to legalize marijuana for medicinal purposes in Florida. A series of speakers, including a doctor, a patient and several advocates, argued that pot was just what the silver-haired set needed to combat conditions like chronic pain and insomnia.

Read more and watch video here

16 Responses to “Silver Tour: Wall Street Journal Looks At Seniors and Medical Marijuana Use”

1. […] Silver Tour: Wall Street Journal Looks At Seniors and Medical Marijuana Use Today, the Wall Street Journal is featuring a news article and video casting light on the High Times and NORML-sponsored ‘Silver Tour‘ featuring former federal cannabis prisoner Robert Platshorn (who served nearly a thirty year sentence for a cannabis-only related criminal offense). To donate or learn more about Robert the Silver Tour, click here. From Wall Street Journal: LAKE WORTH, Fla.—Selma Yeshion, an 83-year-old retiree here, says she long considered marijuana a menace. “I thought it was something that was addictive” and “would lead to harder drugs,” she says. Then […] […]

2. Joel: the other Joel says:

I’m not a comedian, but it would be nice to have a happy mellowed out grandmother that brings joy to everyone than an angry psycho ex-nanny who complains and criticizes you and your spouse non-stop.
      Medical Marijuana would make being old fun.

Hey, I’ve voted for Ron Paul today at the primaries.

3. Joel: the other Joel says:

That last reply I did wasn’t really funny. I’m getting old also and been doing some shopping around for some nice customized vaporizers.

I’ll be a happy old man at my victory garden watching my cannabis sativa grow when I’m silver.

4. Herb Herbman says:

heck ya old folks are a big problem when it comes to a contrary voice in cannabis prohibition. But if the government wasnt so corrupt with everything then the old people could complain all they want and i would still be tokin this spliff legally.

5. Bradson says:

Cannabis is a blessing as we age. Many of us who have used it since the 60’s are in very good health, mentally and physically, and still find it to be a welcome and instructive companion.

6. jbkorn02 says:

This is the group of people who were growing up beliving in reefer madness as a true story where now we watch the movie and laugh. People trusted the government more back then. Now that generation is dying off and the whole world will change. I think for the better. Being set in your ways unwilling to learn or consider new ideas is not the way to help anything.

7. jedthehead says:

At 57 years old I can tell you cannabis is a very useful tool in the fight with aging. I eat better, sleep better and it really helps with the pain that comes with aging. The safest way to help yourself feel a lot better.

8. SuznG says:

Here in CA, I’ve been thankful 2 have been able 2 purchase Medical Maruijuana 4 some time. However, it’s still way too expensive 4 me. I am on a Fixed Income. My “regular” Rx’s run me upwards of $75 per month, minimum. These dispensaries don’t give me ANY break in their prices at all. One measly eighth costs $60-$75!!! I take far less pills, but legalization is the ONLY way 2 CUT costs! The dispensary owners are making money hand over fist with NO kind of regulation! Canada is a BETTER model! I PREFER the pot, but something MUST be done about PRICES if you REALLY want 2 bring SENIORS on board! That’s a REALITY, NOT a PIPE DREAM, folks!

9. Ricky says:

Grow your own granny! You have the time. Oh and don’t forget to plant thoughs tomatos!