• by Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director August 10, 2012

49 Responses to “Online Cartoon Casts Critical Light On Obama’s Failed Medical Marijuana Policies”

1. Don says:

They release a “Memo” to NOT to interfere in State laws regarding “Medical Marijuana” as long as they are in compliance with such “State Laws”, Which gives the providers and patients a sense of security so they set up businesses, Employ people, PAY TAXES and set up a strict distribution system complete with tight security, Only to the Fed`s turn around, Months later, Go on a “Bust Binge”!!!
      I have ONLY 1 Word for that, It`s called “Entrapment”. Where is our “Limited Power” Government that the U.S. Constitution & Bill of Rights Calls For? This just proves that some of our elected officials have NO Respect for Individual Rights and the “Intent” of our Founding Fathers! And they have to GO!!
      I see the departure from our founding principles as being the core of our problems, as we were once the richest and most prosperous nation in the World,Remember “Life”, “Liberty”,And “The Pursuit of Happiness”!
      It`s not just about Cannabis now, It`s about the deviation from what this Country was supposed to be to what it is Now!
      Obama is supposed to be a “Constitutional Scholar “, He just needs to step up to the plate (On the House Floor) and say he is tired of hearing it! Other Countries have done Research and found Legitimate Medical uses for Cannabis and so have WE! and it`s time for Cannabis to be re-scheduled Because it has been “Proven” and Industrial Hemp description be “Removed” because it has NO Value as a drug and infinite value as an Industrial Commodity, Tell the DEA to back off or he can strip down most of the agency, Commit to public education on Cannabis and it`s positive aspects on our Economy, He can do all that while committing NOT to Legalize ALL Drugs, Dispel that “Old Time” Myth/Fear of “A Nation of Stoners”, Then watch Romney`s poll Numbers Plummet!!!! Especially when the Economy starts to improve and the Unemployment rate drops dramatically.

I sincerely hope he has been planning to do it all along – But I`m a Dreamer that still holds out Hope!

2. Galileo Galilei says:

Great work! The fact that the Harborside founder is eligible for the death penalty raised the hairs on the back of my neck.

When my elderly mother couldn’t find pain relief for her fractured vertebrae, even the infamous Oxycontin failed. I realized her pain relief was up to me. For one HORRIFYING moment I actually considered doing nothing. Marijuana was illegal. The memory of that moment still haunts me to this day.

I hate the drug war.

3. Galileo Galilei says:

When I had to chose between Reagan and Mondale, the choice literally turned my stomach. I voted for John Anderson again, who wasn’t even running.

I’m getting the same sinking feeling again this election.

4. Chris in WI says:

I wish this would mention Obama is MORE likely to be pro cannabis then mr I can’t drink coffee because it’s a drug and against my religion Romney… This gives the false impression Romney is better on this issue! He is NOT.

You guys should give him some credit. Someone is leaning on Obama, be mad at them for the policies and him for not standing up for us. But don’t blame him for the crackdown because he isn’t the one who ordered it!

I can seriously see him executive ordering cannabis off the CSA threw the AG office, but you guys can’t abandon him, he needs the protection a second term politician gets!

Vote Obama or you are cutting off your own nose to spite your face!

5. MAKE MARIJUANA LEGAL UNDER FEDERAL LAW!
      Please show your support for UNITED STATES MARIJUANA PARTY candidate Cris Ericson who is running for UNITED STATES SENATOR for VERMONT
      by buying USMJP.com campaign t-shirts:

6. […] Online Cartoon Casts Critical Light On Obama’s Failed Medical Marijuana Policies No matter the media medium, the tragic story of the federal government’s war against a beloved plant and the people who’re keen to it, can’t be told enough times, in enough ways. Artist-journalist Susie Cagle’s take on the federal government’s latest crackdown against medical cannabis providers in California is found at CartoonMovement.com This unique cartoon medium allows for audio embeds, some offensive language may be heard. […]

7. Joel: the other Joel says:

This cartoon will upset the New World Order and the expansion of the American Empire.

Already the federal government is destroying the U.S. economy on purpose because it wants total control by attacking the states and their independent ways (Liberties) of making income instead of receiving counterfeit funds from the Federal Reserves.

Audit the Feds!

8. Reaver says:

If you ever want to see this plant legal, for industry or otherwise (although it is legal for one in the US already as well as the government itself to grow and send to the select and very few), begin by boycotting walmart pharmacy and anyone else who would have you put any further money into any pharmaceutical company. It may have begun as a way to raise one guys wealth in shares of the logging industry but the medical industry surely has the reins of this insult to basic Terran rights.

I would like to quote someone who some view as a terrorist “All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.” – Thomas Jefferson

and to quote myself “Anyone who disagrees with a government scared of its people governed will be declared an enemy of the state; to be viewed as a former citizen until the well of the the apathetic and disconnected in this country runs dry and there is no one left to fear but themselves” – Me

9. Tlc says:

But this election we can vote for Gary Johnson, who has used it medically himself…why do voters not know this…there is a choice!

10. Tim says:

I wonder sometimes if Obama has not been corrupted by the drug cartel in Mexico or other organized crime groups. This is the only reason I can think of for someone who smoked cannabis in his college years and beyond yet now opposes legalization.

Vote for Ron Paul for President!