Colorado’s Marijuana Initiative, Amendment 64, Still Leading In Polls

• by Erik Altieri, NORML Communications Director September 4, 2012

From August 31st to September 2nd, PPP conducted a survey of 1,001 likely Colorado voters and found the plurality of them continue to support marijuana legalization. When polled on direct ballot language, 47% of Coloradans state they are supporting Amendment 64, with only 38% opposed and 15% undecided. This is unchanged from polling released last month. When simply asked if marijuana should be legalized, 49% responded yes, 43% were opposed, and 9% remained unsure.

More information on this poll is available here.

Learn more about how you can help the campaign in Colorado pass Amendment 64 and finally legalize cannabis at their website: www.regulatemarijuana.org

You can view NORML’s 2012 Voter Guide, Smoke the Vote, here and learn all the ways cannabis comes into play in this fall’s election.

49 Responses to “Colorado’s Marijuana Initiative, Amendment 64, Still Leading In Polls”

1. john davis says:

F.R.E.E. T.H. E. W.E.E.D !!!!!!!

2. Dave says:

Should of been legal when 1/3 approved. It isn’t like the stuff is dangerous or anything.

I can’t understand why the courts have so consistently upheld these scams, oh I mean “laws”. Ditto for those retarded racist slavery laws–they were never legal in the first place.

3. Hopefully it will pass with flying colors! I feel the more people spoken to and asked about legalization especially the unsure can hopefully turn into supporters of legalization!

4. shawn says:

This is actually very troubling news to me. There are still several months remaining, and while the number of “undecided” is shrinking, the number of “in favor” has changed very little.

This says to me that the propaganda which the opposition created, is working. I hate to say it, but I’m just not seeing this one passing.

On the other hand, I-502 the reverse is true, with what seems like more undecided voters supporting. Still, in Washington there are lots of undecided voters.

5. Paul Pot says:

GOOD NEWS!
      EVERYONE REGISTER TO VOTE FOR REFORM.
      WAR IS OVER!
      2012!

6. Ohio I am says:

One of the benefits of the poll results is that if the issue were to somehow fail,
      It would provide proof of rigged results.

7. Miles says:

Have you all seen Obama’s ad featuring Harold and Kumar? It seems to have pissed off a lot of people who see it as catering to the stoner crowd in spite of having been a complete hypocrite on the subject of marijuana since being elected.

As for me, I’ve been waiting and hoping for a sign that maybe he’ll do the right thing if re-elected. I have to wonder if this is the sign!

What do you all think about it? Is Obama someone we can possible bring ourselves to ever trust again???

[Paul Armentano responds: Various mainstream media outlets, like Politico and the Washington Post, have run stories reporting on marijuana law reformers’ critical response to this commercial. There is also a parody of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hO5meenaso&feature=youtu.be.

8. Victor says:

Very proud of Colorado voters.

I also carry good news, marijuana awareness has reached the Middle-East, in the strictest of nations regarding its use, if outside links are not allowed, I apologize, but this is HUGE, the fact someone posted such a thing on a Dubai news site (it’s in English):

Please support and comment!

9. […] Colorado’s Marijuana Initiative, Amendment 64, Still Leading In Polls Statewide polling data from Colorado, just released by Public Policy Polling, shows support holding strong for Amendment 64, a ballot measure that aims to re-legalize and regulate the personal use of marijuana. From August 31st to September 2nd, PPP conducted a survey of 1,001 likely Colorado voters and found the majority of them continue to support marijuana legalization. When polled on direct ballot language, 47% of Coloradans state they are supporting Amendment 64, with only 38% opposed and 15% undecided. This is unchanged from polling released last month. When simply […] […]

10. Tlc says:

I wonder what the prohibitionist propaganda is in Colorado? Since it has been shown that the last thing someone hears has the greatest impact (the reason prosecutors get the last word in court trials during summation?), hopefully all the negatives will be countered aggressively the last month before the elections.