• by Erik Altieri, NORML Communications Director October 12, 2012

The Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol has just released a new radio ad in support of Colorado’s Amendment 64, which aims to regulate marijuana in a manner similar to alcohol.

The ad, which will be airing on terrestrial radio as well as Pandora in the state of Colorado, features Melissa Etheridge relating her personal journey with marijuana. Through her experience of medical use during her struggles with cancer, Melissa realized the positive aspects of the plant and the dire consequences of the war on drugs and is now calling for legalized and regulated cannabis, which starts with voting YES on Amendment 64 this fall.

You can check out the radio ad with Melissa Etheridge below, in addition to the campaign’s latest television ad, which is currently airing across the state. To learn more about the campaign, visit their website here.

YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image

29 Responses to “Melissa Etheridge Endorses Amendment 64 to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol in New Ad”

1. Nilbaan says:

thank you so much we need all the support we can get

2. Ernest says:

Awesome!! I never thought I’d see the day. Having all these TV ads for pro Cannabis!! With celebrities and politicians too! Prohibition will be over soon!

3. Keith Ritman says:

Having parkinsons and seizure disorder i can relate the medical cannabis story quite easy. there have been many a day where i would have not gotten out of the of bed if not for this plant. i truely hope that we see regulation soon

4. Cool says:

Why aren’t other famous people getting behind this like Jack Black, James Franco, Seth Rogan, Doug Benson, Elijah Wood, or Woody Harrelson? There are so many successful a listers and musicians that are just like us, why can’t we get a little help from them to increase amendment 64, I-502, or Measure 80’s exposure?! Things are eerily silent, hate to say it but it doesn’t feel like there’s enough hype for these legalization initiatives. Even though the polling numbers are decent for amendment 64 and I-502, I figured we’d be throwing a legalization concert or benefit or festival of some sort with these people helping us…

5. ray glass says:

I was able to give up 25 years of alcoholism with cannabis use. When my mother found out I smoked cannabis at age 14 she noticed that I started to think more and was astounded by it. I went on to attending 9 years of college.

6. Galileo Galilei says:

Melissa dealt courageously with her disease and continues to do so to this day. A story of triumph we can all look up to. I like emphasizing the medicinal uses, the anti-drug cartel spin, and the more money for schools instead of the criminal underground stuff.

Now if they come up with an add wherein Dr. Grinspoon tells the story of his son’s battle with leukemia and the side effects of chemotherapy, I’d be in heaven.

7. Zack Shrigley says:

Why on earth did they use the slang term “Marijuana” for these adds? People would take this plant much more seriously if people referred to it as Cannabis. just saying.

8. Li' Bill says:

Whose, Malissa Etheridge ?