Pot Parody Video Blows Up On YouTube

• by Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director January 12, 2013

Pot Parody VideoNORML supporter and groundbreaking video creator Steve Berke has just launched his most intense, humorous and well produced viral video indictment against marijuana prohibition to date. A graduate of Yale, former two time All-American tennis player, comedian and Miami-based politician, Steve Berke’s cutting video parodies of popular songs re-purposed into pro-cannabis reform videos are becoming legendary in the cannabis law reform community and well beyond.

Steve’s previous pro-pot videos have garnered over a million views, and with this new and outrageous take on rapper Macklemore’s ‘Thrift Shop’, after less then 72 hours, Steve’s ‘Pot Shop’ is well past 300,000 views!

When will Saturday Night Live producers be contacting Steve Berke to replace the now departed and popular viral video producer/comedian Andy Samberg?

Check out the fun and in-your-face public advocacy for cannabis law reform as envisaged and performed like no other cannabis law advocate in the world today.*

*Video contains vulgarity, but nothing compared to the vulgarity of a free market oriented democracy like America arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating millions of cannabis consumers, cultivators and sellers under an eight decade-old failed public policy of prohibition.

Check out a previous Steve Berke video in support of cannabis that has attracted a million views across YouTube.

34 Responses to “Pot Parody Video Blows Up On YouTube”

1. free radical says:

Great stuff! On a minor note, the brands of junk food mentioned in the song belong to greedy corporations that opposed labeling of genetically modified organisms in California, and are hence being boycotted. Fresh, healthy food is the best choice to satisfy the munchies!

2. mike says:

love it!

3. kevin worley says:

Legalize it……. our government is twisted

4. TheOracle says:

Kudos! Thank you!

5. John k. says:

Liked how he got up in the 4 thugs faces with with the aggressive face emotion, Fight those mothafucka’s! I felt the intensity of like, FIGHT THOSE MOTHAFUCKA’s.

Good vid, Steve.

6. estefania says:

healing of the nations
      legalize! no more oppression

7. Ll says:

I hate rap, but that was great.

8. Ed Bland says:

They made $$$ off the blood of this EARTH (oil) & burning it is killing clouds (carbon). Science has proven that HEMP not only provide fuel but heal the OZONE layer of EARTH. HELL doesn’t have stores !
      —:
      I WILL NOT STOP POSTING THIS UNTIL MY BRAIN IS TESTED & LAW IS CHANGED !
      _ Don’t be part of the sheeple, be the “SOLUTION” ~ ~ Gave my word 2 HIM & won’t stop letting all know that on 08-30-2008 I wrecked my motorbike with no helmet on. It killed me 3 times & was in a coma 87 days. Yes I broke mass bones & put ribs into both lungs. I recieved a 5 .5 brain damage having 2 relearn life again. I was asked 2 get a medical card & try CANNABIS. I was amazed ! I was a certified mechanic & had a marine service, so was used 2 fixing things. But this time it was my BRAIN that needed fixing! My grandfather was head Dr. {chief of staff} in PANAMA CANAL ZONE, retired in 1959 & has taught me much. CANNABIS IS HELPING IN MY BRAIN HEALING ! That is why I won’t stop telling all that the troops with brain injury can have a functioning life again ~?~

9. Love what I see. Now wee need a full court press from the music and video artists to spread the word.

10. mikey-p says:

fuck the law, they will never win, they will never stop us, they will only waste money and ruins lives, high 4 life.

11. [...] Pot Parody Video Blows Up On YouTube NORML supporter and groundbreaking video creator Steve Berke has just launched his most intense, humorous and well produced viral video indictment against marijuana prohibition to date. A graduate of Yale, former two time All-American tennis player, comedian and Miami-based politician, Steve Berke’s cutting video parodies of popular songs re-purposed into pro-cannabis reform videos are becoming legendary in the cannabis law reform community and well beyond. Steve’s previous pro-pot videos have garnered over a million views, and with this new and outrageous take on rapper Macklemore’s ‘Thrift Shop’, after less then [...] [...]

12. [...] NORML Blog, Marijuana Law ReformDid you like this? Share it:TweetBe Sociable, Share! Tweet [...]

13. somedood says:

Rap isn’t music to me but good message none the less…

14. KansasToker says:

great video!

15. sfm says:

FRIGGIN FANTASTIC !!! What a way to get the message accross!! Hey, is Steve doing any albums yet?? Betcha they turn platinum! Im in !!

16. SativaSlam says:

One of the reasons I’m a member of NORML is that I like that the organization is both serious minded about marijuana, and it can also have fun with the emerging culture around it.

I don’t listen to rap music, don’t drive high and don’t eat junk food, but I’m glad NORML featured this video because I laughed, watched it twice and sent it to some friends.

17. ADDAMB says:

INVEST IN WEED? WELL, I OWN STOCKS LIKE CBIS, MJNA, ERBB, AMJL, AND THERE ARE MORE I’D LIKE TO OWN .. EXCUSE ME WHILE I SMOKE A JOINT .. SEE YOU AT THE SHAREHOLDERS’ LOVE-IN

18. Marijuanifornia says:

Imagine if everyone made HEMP FOR VICTORY a viral video success.

What better way to educate the public than by showing them the US government film that legalized MARIHUANA to keep America free from Nazis? It really throws a wrench into the argument that marijuana is hazardous to society.

19. Judy says:

I think RAP sucks but the message is right on!

Damn these people who put their profits or careers over freedom and justice!

20. forex says:

Fuck you all Forex bustards

21. Dennis King says:

Loved it!!!! Help Us in Florida!!!!!!!!

22. Clint says:

Marijuana use=health-positive behavior, fewer cancers, Alzheimer’s protection, less risk of diabetes…read “Marijuana Gateway to Health: How Cannabis Protects Us from cancer and Alzheimer’s Disease.”

23. CO Sheriff's Deputy says:

I’m in Colorado and can’t use MEDICAL Marijuana because of my job and I have a condition that would benefit from POT. We need this changed on the Federal level!! Heck, I would just use at home at night.

24. K XLNT says:

Help us in Delaware!!!!!!!!!!!! Even for medical marijuana I’m very very sick. It’s legal but they won’t hand it over. My god they are a bunch of children.

25. Voice of the Resistance says:

So cool.

26. LOVE IT!!!

Especially the part at 1min 40sec, where
      the Volcano Digit® vaporizer is set to 420°F. :D

27. Mike says:

Please sign this White House petition asking the federal government why they have a patent on the medical benefits of marijuana.

28. Robert Wroe says:

Re. Ed Bland
      I too suffered a severe head injury from a three-wheeler accident,(mine was in Aug. 2000), and was basically a walking, talking, vegetable. In April of 2001 I finally found the oz. of weed I had stashed before going on my ride, and less than a week later I was back to normal. Both my neurologist at the time, and a collage psy. prof I asked last year told me the same thing. That after the neurons and receptors had healed, the marijuana stimulated the neurons to fire again. They know this! It’s been at least relatively common knowledge among medical professionals since at least 2001. Why isn’t it standard operating procedure to hand every head trama patient a bag of weed after every head injury? Would anyone even have mentioned it if I hadn’t of stumbled upon it by accident? Was everyone willing to have me roaming around in a vegetative state indefinitely rather than risk the evil of my smoking a joint?

29. larry smith says:

way kool man way kool.

30. i tried to sign the petition, but they have it fixed so it won’t register the signature. i have never had trouble before, so they have it rigged. hope you can get them to fix it or start another petition. loved, loved, loved the video…it’s hilarious!

31. alex says:

hey aimie,,,,,,,,, the same thing happened with me also. I hate the government so much, i cant believe how blind they are, they are always trying to find ways to tax something. I guess justice really is blind.

32. Stan says:

I’m 57 years suffer from cp and it’s about time the feds backed off my ass about my business!

33. mike ebike says:

Loved the Video!! And so will my millions of friends!!! REVOLUTION ! !

END THE WAR

34. Anonymous says:

I want this song on MP3 where can I get it?