Pot Parody Video Blows Up On YouTube

• by Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director January 12, 2013

Pot Parody VideoNORML supporter and groundbreaking video creator Steve Berke has just launched his most intense, humorous and well produced viral video indictment against marijuana prohibition to date. A graduate of Yale, former two time All-American tennis player, comedian and Miami-based politician, Steve Berke’s cutting video parodies of popular songs re-purposed into pro-cannabis reform videos are becoming legendary in the cannabis law reform community and well beyond.

Steve’s previous pro-pot videos have garnered over a million views, and with this new and outrageous take on rapper Macklemore’s ‘Thrift Shop’, after less then 72 hours, Steve’s ‘Pot Shop’ is well past 300,000 views!

When will Saturday Night Live producers be contacting Steve Berke to replace the now departed and popular viral video producer/comedian Andy Samberg?

Check out the fun and in-your-face public advocacy for cannabis law reform as envisaged and performed like no other cannabis law advocate in the world today.*

*Video contains vulgarity, but nothing compared to the vulgarity of a free market oriented democracy like America arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating millions of cannabis consumers, cultivators and sellers under an eight decade-old failed public policy of prohibition.

Check out a previous Steve Berke video in support of cannabis that has attracted a million views across YouTube.

36 Responses to “Pot Parody Video Blows Up On YouTube”

1. free radical says:

Great stuff! On a minor note, the brands of junk food mentioned in the song belong to greedy corporations that opposed labeling of genetically modified organisms in California, and are hence being boycotted. Fresh, healthy food is the best choice to satisfy the munchies!

2. mike says:

love it!

3. kevin worley says:

Legalize it……. our government is twisted

4. TheOracle says:

Kudos! Thank you!

5. John k. says:

Liked how he got up in the 4 thugs faces with with the aggressive face emotion, Fight those mothafucka’s! I felt the intensity of like, FIGHT THOSE MOTHAFUCKA’s.

Good vid, Steve.

6. estefania says:

healing of the nations
      legalize! no more oppression

7. Ll says:

I hate rap, but that was great.

8. Ed Bland says:

They made $$$ off the blood of this EARTH (oil) & burning it is killing clouds (carbon). Science has proven that HEMP not only provide fuel but heal the OZONE layer of EARTH. HELL doesn’t have stores !
      —:
      I WILL NOT STOP POSTING THIS UNTIL MY BRAIN IS TESTED & LAW IS CHANGED !
      _ Don’t be part of the sheeple, be the “SOLUTION” ~ ~ Gave my word 2 HIM & won’t stop letting all know that on 08-30-2008 I wrecked my motorbike with no helmet on. It killed me 3 times & was in a coma 87 days. Yes I broke mass bones & put ribs into both lungs. I recieved a 5 .5 brain damage having 2 relearn life again. I was asked 2 get a medical card & try CANNABIS. I was amazed ! I was a certified mechanic & had a marine service, so was used 2 fixing things. But this time it was my BRAIN that needed fixing! My grandfather was head Dr. {chief of staff} in PANAMA CANAL ZONE, retired in 1959 & has taught me much. CANNABIS IS HELPING IN MY BRAIN HEALING ! That is why I won’t stop telling all that the troops with brain injury can have a functioning life again ~?~

9. Love what I see. Now wee need a full court press from the music and video artists to spread the word.

10. mikey-p says:

fuck the law, they will never win, they will never stop us, they will only waste money and ruins lives, high 4 life.