• by Erik Altieri, NORML Communications Director March 19, 2013

WinslowAt a St. Patrick’s Day breakfast in South Boston this past weekend, Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Massachusetts) took a jab at pro-legalization Republican State Representative Dan Winslow (R-Norfolk), who is currently vying for the Republican nomination for Senate in Massachusetts’s upcoming special election.

Addressing the crowd, Senator Warren said, “I advise everyone to pay very close attention to Dan Winslow’s platform. He has a 100 percent ranking from the gun lobby and he’s for the legalization of marijuana. He wants us armed and stoned.”

According to statements received by VoteSmart, Rep. Dan Winslow’s stance on marijuana policy is as follows:

I disfavor decriminalization of marijuana because it increases demand from illicit sources. Instead, I think we need to legalize marijuana (likely starting with medicinal marijuana in view of the current federal prohibition) and then regulate it and tax it. Only be lawful production of marijuana will the cartels, crooks and drug dealers be put out of business in the US. – State Representative Dan Winslow (R-Norfolk)

Representative Winslow is currently engaged in a primary for the GOP nomination, if he were to receive it he would face either Democratic Congressmen Stephen Lynch or Edward Markey in the June 25 special election.

107 Responses to “Sen. Elizabeth Warren Takes Dig at Pro-Legalization Senate Candidate Dan Winslow”

1. Will says:

Screw you, Warren. How can you talk about American families and the hardships they face while supporting the criminalization of cannabis? That’s the last time I take anything she says seriously.

2. Sara says:

No one’s perfect….

3. Toni says:

She is an idiot for saying something that makes her look even more UNEDUCATED!

4. Perez says:

Im pretty sure most americans would like to be armed and stone.

5. Michael Thieme says:

More Republicans need to take a Libertarian approach to politics or continue slipping into irrelevancy. There’s a reason Libertarians have been growing in numbers every day. They make the most sense. Live Free, Stay out of peoples personal lives!

6. Dan Winslow says:

Donate to Dan Winslow TODAY at http://www.danwinslow.com. To get involved in the campaign as a volunteer, please email dan@danwinslow.com.

7. Kathleen Austin says:

Elizabeth Warren just lost ANY support I would ever give her.

8. Mark says:

I have a lot of respect for Ms. warren. I also have a lot of respect for Cardinal Tim Dolan.

But these folks show how clearly out of touch and BRAINWASHED they are when they make IGNORANT comments likes “He wants us armed and stoned”, or “anyone who thinks I’ll be elected pope must be smoking marijuana”.

We need to GET RID of the “STONER IMAGE”. Pot is harmless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. muggles says:

damn….and I had such hopes for her continued success toward a presidency…..but she MUST get right and stay right on marijuana!!!

10. Christen Bowers says:

I really thought Elizabeth Warren was a different sort of politician up until now and would’ve even supported her for President but this has totally changed my mind–guess I will have to register as an independent….