Shop for a Cause: Donate to NORML Every Time You Buy

• by Sabrina Fendrick December 2, 2013

Did you know you can do your holiday shopping and support marijuana legalization at the same time?

As we close out of Cyber Monday and enter the full swing of the holiday season, you now have the opportunity help a great cause while doing your online holiday shopping at no extra cost.  Every Time you make a purchase through the following websites, a percentage of your purchase price will be donated to the NORML Foundation.

iGive-logo--tagline6earn

iGive:  Sign-up through www.igive.com/norml, download the button and start shopping.  There’s over 1400 socially-responsible stores helping to make donations happen.

Amazon: When you shop through Amazon,  the Amazon Smile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to NORML.  Just click here or the link below and start shopping.

NORML Foundation

Other ways to help NORML during the holiday season: You can make a tax-deductible contribution to the NORML Foundation via check, credit card or PayPal by clicking here.  You can also donate stock options, sign up for corporate gift matching (if applicable) and/or incorporate NORML into your will and estate planning.

14 Responses to “Shop for a Cause: Donate to NORML Every Time You Buy”

1. Fireweed says:

should have posted this before I made my purchases off Amazon last week! I’ll try to shop harder!

2. TheOracle says:

I just did several hundred dollars worth of shopping on TigerDirect. If this is going to be an ongoing thing, is there a link to this site here on the Norml site to remind me, or in case I lose the link, etc. I can’t even tell if they’re participating until I sign up. Couple more paydays and closer to the holidays maybe something from Amazon or some other retailer.

In the meantime, I read some place that the U.N. is no longer unanimous on cannabis prohibition and in 2016 they’re going to revisit their worldwide policy. Latin American countries raised a stink, and rightly so, that law enforcement and prohibition approaches need to be changed, even legalization allowed.

Also, even in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, there is no longer opposition to cannabis legalization, at least for medicinal purposes, in the local rag of a newspaper’s editorials, and the local law enforcement and politician prohibitionists declined to write a rebuttal to Mark Cohen’s article for legalizing in Pennsylvania. Dr. Sanjay Gupta dismantled their tired old prohibitionist argument against MMJ. There is a a local girl who can absolutely benefit from cannabis therapy for her epilepsy, not to mention the rest of the state whose voices aren’t receiving the coverage.

3. Julian says:

Wow. Great job NORML! This is awesome news for the legalization movement. I was just telling a Vietnam vet I met yesterday named Lew about how many organizations are joining forces to end prohibition. After he told me that the VA is cutting his painkillers because they found marijuana in a piss test, he was so upset he wrote a 7-page letter to ask the VA “Where should I get my meds from then, the street?” He has broken bones all over his back and body that keep him in constant pain since he retired from the marines after the war. It really cheered him up when I told him how things were changing for the better. In a world where little murdered 4 year old girls like Alexandra Hill still seek justice, “AmazonSmile” is very appropriately named.

4. Anonymous says:

Guys are a little late on this, huh? Maybe BEFORE Black Friday should have been the deadline for this article?

Good luck, though, going to try it out! Hope you guys make a million!

5. Voice of the Resistance says:

Thanks Norml,Amazon, and I give.com this is good.

6. Sack Friday says:

^^ Hey man, just stoners being stoners. I haven’t even started to shop yet. I probably won’t start for a couple more weeks. Thanks Norml for the heads up on this!

7. Julian says:

Check this out:
      Not only has the Guardian leaked out the story just before the 2014 Congressional election year of how the United Nations will be announcing a shift from drug enforcement to drug prevention in the spring, but now this!
      ALEC, the dirty corporate pro-prohibition right wing lobby has lost and is still LOSING FUNDING in the wake of the Trayvon Martin Case. Thanks to Amazon, (I may not be a Libertarian, but God Bless you Jeff Bezos)as well as Wal-Mart, McDonalds and a host of other corporations that are worried about their consumer image, and thanks to good reporting from the Guardian who is placing a little disinfecting sunlight on these dirty organizations.
      America, we must never underestimate our purchasing power. Whether it’s a donation to a non for profit lobby like NORML, or purchasing our gifts on line from AmazonSmile, the only missing ingredient is our freedom of Press. Oh yeah, Jeff Bezos bought the Washington Post! Boy, this year went by fast!
      The best part? Amazon, Wal-Mart and McDonalds all backed out of ALEC, but guess who stays in to reveal what kind of scum they are? The Koch Brothers! The timber/Petroleum goliath is now poised for little NORML “David” to sling shot the Koch Brothers right between their eyes.
      The Guardian, being a foreign newspaper, has been able to shed light into the dark corners of American democracy. They broke the story on the DEA’s SOD evidence fabrication program. To give credit, the New York Times has gone cannabis friendly, and they broke the story on the Koch brothers being behind the shutdown.
      These are very interesting times we live in for drug policy. Things are about to get really good!

8. mexweed says:

@Julian, Thanks for reminding everyone on another thread about which Koch Bros. tradenames to boycott! And by the way, concerning “timber”, do you remember the 1990’s shtick on the Rush Limbaugh show, cheering when the word “timber” (plus noisy falling of a tree) was heard?

Check out “www.huffingtonpost.com/brendan-demelle/study-confirms-tea-party-was-created-by-big-tobacco-and-billionaire-koch-brothers” (Posted 02/11/2013) for more details suggesting who besides direct tree-killers (Kochs’ Georgia Pacific et al.) wants cannabis kept illegal ($igarettes kill trees nineteen ways worldwide, may be #1 cause of deforestation).

Cannabis legalization, bringing with it unambiguous legality of vaporizers and mini-toke utensils (25 mg to replace 500-mg-per-lightup “joint” format), also threatens to spill over into tobacco-user population and END profitable 700-mg commercial H-ot B-urning O-verdose M-onoxide $igarette format.

9. Demonhype says:

Yes, thank you NORML, for this! Unfortunately, I’ve done most of my shopping, and most of it on Amazon, but what’s left I’m doing through Amazon smile!

I need to figure out how to set it up on the browser though. I’ve made two orders and had to immediately cancel them and re-order through the correct link. ARRGH!

10. Julian says:

Believe it or not, that was my first time shopping on Amazon. Type in “NORML Foundation” and shop away.