New York WILL Be The Next Medical Marijuana State

• by Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director January 5, 2014

Just Announced: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo released a statement tonight that his state of the union speech next week will include an announcement of an executive order making medical cannabis legal.malemede

After this comes to be New York will become the 22nd state where qualified patients will have legal access to cannabis as a therapeutic.

69 Responses to “New York WILL Be The Next Medical Marijuana State”

1. Azteca says:

Wow, 5 days after Colorado went legit and did not go into Chaos. New York gave way to medical Marijuana, just a matter of time before Marijuana is reclassified as a schedule 2 or 3 drug, or it becomes legal and regulated all over.

2. Closet Smoker says:

Fall, dominos, fall!

3. Brian says:

Yayy finally never thought I’d see the day

4. Aaron says:

Soon dry counties will be the minority. This is the “domino effect” NORML keep up the good fight.

5. Weed The People says:

Keep in mind before you all jump for joy…
      cuomo is running for reelection. and a Politican will say nearly
      anything to get reelected.

6. tom says:

So very happy for NY. Gives hope for all americans for the day prohibition ends.

7. george says:

Iraq vets support this

8. Ray says:

Yeah! Thank you Allen and NORML for the Sunday update, you guys never stop working. Go New York!

@Azteca once the rest of the nation sees that all the scare tactics were wrong, I agree marijuana will be rescheduled.

9. Michael says:

If this is true, i’m going to ask my doctor at my next appointment to consider me for medical marijuana to help with my Spasticity. I have been doing stretches with a licensed PT for over six months, and have come a long way. But I hit a wall, and I don’t do well with medications. Case in point, I went to the hospital a few weeks ago for dizziness from a vitamin D prescription.

10. Bunston says:

Weed the people – isn’t that nothing but positive tho, as public opinion has reached a point in which pro a ganja stance is politically favorable? The change of stance is political pandering; the subtext behind it is profoundly significant