New York WILL Be The Next Medical Marijuana State

• by Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director January 5, 2014

Just Announced: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo released a statement tonight that his state of the union speech next week will include an announcement of an executive order making medical cannabis legal.malemede

After this comes to be New York will become the 22nd state where qualified patients will have legal access to cannabis as a therapeutic.

69 Responses to “New York WILL Be The Next Medical Marijuana State”

1. weed prices says:

Glad you found this useful. Best of luck with your weed battles Avril.

2. PLEASE try to expedite the implementation of the medical marijuana bill. My brother and I both have Stage 4 cancer and Will die if we have to wait a a few years for the bill to go into effect. Thank you.

3. shelly snyder says:

But when this happen? Iam hurting i have fibromylgia and had 2 surgeries and maybe another so lets get it together people iam so tired of waiting,this better be for other people that are sick besides cancer patients so waiting cumo!

4. Warren says:

Just legalize it!

5. Baker says:

Marijuana is safe, & great for our system. Vape in moderation or consume it.

6. grandma3d says:

@Chris and Ray Walker
      He doesn’t know what to do. Can you imagine how much pot they have seized. He is trying to figure it out NORML will help them. Thanks NORML I am sending you a nice fat check next month I missed a few payments because Grandma has grand babies to play Santa for Christmas.
      I will make up for it Happy New Year all You Wonderful People at NORML.
      By the way all you heavy hitters scrap a little off the top and send those terrific People at NORML,a nice fat check too. HELP! NORML! Support Our cause. NORML has to be all over the country working harder and harder to keep up the momentum. So Listen to Grandma and get out your checkbook and write NORML a nice FAT Check for After Holidays Tax deductible donation, You might check that, I think it is tax deductible call someone at NORML and find out and if you do call send a Happy New Year Donation with your credit card and mind your manners when you talk to them and Say Thank You to them. Start the New Year off right. Think of where we would be without NORML. So do your part and reach deep in your pocket and send it to OUR people on the front line NORML. Because the opposition of this WAR I READY TO BREAK AN ALL TIME RECORD NUMBER OF STATES LEGALIZING CANNABIS! BETTER YET PLEDGE A MONTHLY DONATION TO OUR CAUSE NORML!! Hit the link below and make your pledge. Do it NOW! Don’t forget April 28, is NORML’s 81st birthday send them and generous birthday check. At Least $81.00 a $1.00 for every year, come on now its the least you can do!

7. grandma3d says:

Hello Everybody,
      Has anyone heard of C.A.L.M.ca.org ;Citizens Against Legalizing Marijuana. WARNING! Do not go on their site. I made that mistake last night. Tonight I tried to get on and they will not let me on their site. There was a legal written document warning that said they are digging up all my information and they are going to do this,that and whatever. I don’t really care,I can handle the heat. But I understand a lot of people are scared of this kind of thing, and rightfully so. So don’t go there.

[Paul Armentano responds: I recently debated a spokesperson from CALM. The archived audio of the debate is available here: http://attorneyadamthompson.com/?p=335.

8. mexweed says:

The atrocity that happened to @MarkSS (above) can, in the meantime, be made less likely for many individuals– in the 2007 Norml/MAPS research it was determined that a VAPORIZER delivered 46% of cannabinoid as opposed to 25% with H-ot B-uring O-verdose M-onoxide rolling papers. So instead of “smoking” 4 ounces in a month @Mark could have VAPED a little over 2. (Admittedly I don’t have a known high-use Medical need but I get excellent Inspirational/Occupational results from 2 ounces a YEAR (about 1826 single tokes) vaping with a Long-Stemmed One-Hitter.)

9. Anonymous says:

I can say a positive step for cannabis but on the other side the manipulation of this for political gain is too evident.