NORML Election Night Live: The 2014 Marijuana Midterm

• by Erik Altieri, NORML Communications Director November 4, 2014

electionban1

Get the latest updates from the 2014 elections in our live blog below! Blog auto-updates, so please don’t spam refresh, our servers thank you. – NORML Team

38 Responses to “NORML Election Night Live: The 2014 Marijuana Midterm”

1. Gweedo says:

This is a great feature for NORML’s blog, but the text is getting cut off on the right size. Fix please?

2. I can’t replicate the problem on my end, are you on laptop or mobile and which browser are you using if I may ask?

3. Gweedo says:

Hey Erik, I’m on a Mac desktop using Firefox. I just tested it in Safari and it works fine, so it might just be one of my Firefox addons. I will keep testing and let you know.

4. Gweedo says:

Actually nope, it’s doing the same thing in Firefox on my other Windows computer. It looks like it’s having problems in Firefox, which is not a good thing because that’s a major browser.

If you have someone who can edit the HTML/CSS, I would recommend a quick temporary fix of setting overflow=visible on the first div with the class “span-19″ underneath the “container” div. That at least makes the text visible in Firefox, although not very pretty, and it should not break anything major in other browsers.

5. BakedNConfused says:

#SmokeTheVote

6. steve says:

same problem here – text cut off on the rightside in the blog text. Im using firefox

7. Ryan says:

I already submitted my Oregon vote, I expect that by the time I am out of my precalculus class tonight there will be cause to celebrate! :)

8. Gweedo says:

I’ve been poking around in your CSS, and I found a better fix. Your divs aren’t labeled very well, so I will try my best to explain:

The div containing the live updates with the id “24lb_thread” is contained in another div that only has a style=”float: left;” element. That containing div needs to have a class=”span-19″ to match the blog’s layout. Pretty simple fix if you can get someone to do it real quick.

I’m happy to help with anything else if you want to email me. Use the email in this comment. Also feel free to delete my earlier comment with the spelling error 😛

9. Brett says:

I am also seeing the text on the right side cut off using Firefox on my laptop as my browser. Looks ok with chrome for your reference.

10. Everyone at the office is really excited about the vote today! Glued to the news screen over here waiting for the results. This legislative reform is WAY overdue! Lets get out there and SMOKE THE VOTE!