Who and Where: America’s Ever-Growing Marijuana Industry

• by Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director November 19, 2014

Last week in conjunction with the well attended Marijuana Business Conference & Expo was the launch of a new business-centric webpage created to highlight the women and men of America’s nascent cannabis industry, as well as to foster needed B2B relationships and ‘best of industry’ practices among the many thousands of new cannabis-related businesses that have been founded in the last five years.sheet-of-money-hemp

CannabisBusinessExecutive’s launch demonstrates a basic and continuing need by cannabis entrepreneurs for community and kinship in the fast growing and challenging new domestic cannabis industry, notably in the states of Alaska, Colorado, Oregon and Washington (where voters since 2012 have approved binding ballot initiatives replacing failed cannabis prohibition policies in favor of tax-n-regulate policies that look similar to existing alcohol policies).

Of note regarding CannabisBusinessExecutive’s unique content are three of it’s main features:

Industry’s Top 100 players

Pot’s Political 50

Most Influential Women

Additionally, for citizens interested in cannabis-related business news and investing opportunities, other excellent sources include:

Marijuana Business Daily

Marijuana Venture

For the doubting Thomas that cannabis legalization is not gaining more and more cultural and commercial cachet in America (and the world), look no further than to the major corporate cannabis branding announcement EXCLUSIVE made yesterday morning on The Today Show during the show’s prime time (7:35AM).

15 Responses to “Who and Where: America’s Ever-Growing Marijuana Industry”

1. bobwv says:

Hey While your out. Pick me up a pack of Marley’s.

2. Julian says:

I had no idea that Brendan Kennedy of Privateer holdings also owned Leafly.
      Leafly kept us up to date on the U.S. v. Pickard, which i greatly appreciate.
      Isnt watching that coverage from the Today Show on your last link a bit bizarre? I mean, there’s the contradiction of Sabet whose like “oh no, big pot is only for profit,” which smacks of… “Aaaaand alcohol? and tobacco?” The way the Today Show laughed him off on the end was almost surreal. This is the stuff we dreamed about and worked so hard for… To our enemies, to all the remaining prohibitionists too proud to admit their immenent demise…
      In the words of Robert Nesta Marley…

“Open your eyes
      And look within
      Are you satisfied
      With the life youre livin?”

3. John Malmo says:

You left Rick Steves off!?!?

4. Anonymous says:

Rick Steves is a badass!

5. Rick Steves is a sane and gentle badass!

6. mexweed says:

@bobwv– “Pack of Marleys” is what Kevin Sabet warns a “Big-Tobacco”-Mj clone would do, but with relief I note this new Marley franchise vows to deliver the herb au naturel, NOT wrolled in paper$igJoints. Try using a 25-mg Vapetoke Utensil…

“More Marley,
      Menos Monoxide”.

7. Mark I says:

Great compilation, keep up the good work and we will all someday hold our national pride out front and not in our back pockets.

8. Anne says:

I plan to make “Kief” with some regular buds”!

9. sherry says:

Someone please tell me how to get into this as a legit business. I live in oh, which is ready to pop soon. I have a premium location. I need a mentor to guide me thru all the state BS so i can move product.

10. Matthew says:

Getting ready to throw my hat in the ring. Will be pursuing a medical dispensary certificate in AZ next year. I’m banking on full legalization in 2016, which will put me in a prime situation to take full advantage of the green rush, similar to what happened in CO this year.
      I think this is a good strategy for getting into the business. If you live in an MMJ state, this may be the strategy for you. It provides a protected market in which to establish a business and be ready to go when full legalization takes effect.