• by Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director March 18, 2015

Nevada: Voters To Decide In 2016 On Statewide Measure Regulating Marijuana SalesNevada voters will decide next November on ballot language that seeks to regulate the licensed production and retail sale of cannabis to adults. Lawmakers had until late last week to act on the initiative petition, filed by the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP), but failed to do so – thus placing the measure on the 2016 electoral ballot.

Proponents of the measure, “The Initiative to Tax and Regulate Marijuana,” turned in over 200,000 signatures from registered Nevada voters in December to qualify it for the ballot.

The ballot language permits adults to possess and grow personal use quantities of cannabis (up to one ounce and/or six plants) for non-commercial purposes. The measure also regulates and taxes the commercial production and retail sale of cannabis.

It states, “The People of the State of Nevada find and declare that the use of marijuana should be legal for persons 21 years of age or older, and its cultivation and sale should be regulated similar to other businesses.”

For more information on this campaign, please visit: http://www.regulatemarijuanainnevada.org/.

17 Responses to “Nevada: Voters To Decide In 2016 On Statewide Measure Regulating Marijuana Sales”

1. Galileo Galilei says:

Amen.

“Similar ballot measures are likely to be decided in 2016 in several other states, including Arizona, California, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Missouri.”

Looks like 2016 is shaping up as a big election, indeed.

2. Bumma Cloud says:

Have we needed a law to tell us what we can and can’t do, NO. We know what are values are, right? So do what you feel is more right, just don’t “lay a finger on my Butterfinger!”
      ??? ?? ????????????????????? ??? ??? ??? ????????D??TH?R??.????????BOLD WRITING ENABLR

3. David Vay says:

State by state we have taken control of this debacle of failed drug laws couple with a non compliant Federal Government. Now the feds are running to catch up before they look like complete nimrods.

4. Joey No-Thumbs says:

Vegas will never be the same again. Can you imagine how much fun it will be there!

5. Gweedo says:

So that’s 7 likely ballot measures in 2016. That’s not even counting the possible legislative action that may take place between now and then.

2016 is shaping up to be a huge year for cannabis legal reform. I am certain that it will become a serious issue in the presidential race as well.

6. Bob Hadd says:

I’m not a smoker,but I will vote to legalize the sale of Marijuana for recreational use with the same restrictions as alcohol.

7. I wish you guys in the US would hurry up! The UK seems to copy everything else you do so Im sure cannabis legalisation will be no different

8. Mark I. says:

Removing you head from the sand requires lifting your perspective and changing your comfort zone.

9. moldy says:

Well, they’re still treating weed like plutonium but it’s a really good start.

10. Bob Constantine says:

I checked with the person that owns me…me. I found that no legislation granting me permission or denying me permission to use a naturally occurring plant can usurp my right to own myself.

It’s contradictory to on one hand, assert you own yourself, and then on the other hand get all excited when the people that think they own you give you permission to have a couple of plants.

Don’t confuse legislatively granted permission from government as freedom. It isn’t freedom and enforces a precedent that we must have permission from the same gang that jails us, steals our houses and shoots our dogs to engage in peaceful self ownership.

Plantations owned their human livestock and some were eventually convinced to give them Sundays off…how nice of them.