NBN Partner Profile: O.penVAPE

• by NORML July 16, 2015

Hello NORML supporters!

Have you heard of O.penVAPE?

O.penVAPEFounded in 2012 by six dispensary owners and growers, O.penVAPE produces reliable and easy to use vaporizer pens. Their signature “go.pen” is rechargeable, has seven available color options, and comes with a lifetime warranty. The upgraded “go.pen plus” has a more powerful battery, provides a two-second longer puff than the go.pen, and is also backed by a lifetime warranty.

O.penVAPE also offer accessories like chargers, cartridges, and even apparel on their website! They work with Organa Labs to provide organically extracted cannabis oils for their vape pens. Additionally, O.penVAPE is a founding member of the NORML Business Network and is a financial supporter of NORML’s legalization efforts!

So if you’re looking for a great vaporizer pen for a great price, support the NORML Business Network and consider O.penVAPE!

Check out O.penVAPE products on their website: http://www.openvape.com/.

DISCLOSURE: This post is provided as a service of the NORML Business Network, which works to create mutually beneficial partnerships with marijuana-related businesses that seek to use their enterprise as a positive example of corporate social responsibility. O.penVAPE is a proud member of the NORML Business Network. To learn more about our Network partners, or to become a member, please visit here.

16 Responses to “NBN Partner Profile: O.penVAPE”

1. W says:

I don’t vape! I object when states like New York illegalize snoking and force people to vape oils made by megacorporations without giving people the legal opportunity to grow. All adults should have the freedom to smoke not just vape. This article is a shameless plug for a big corporation that wants to take away our freedom to smoke and substtute super expensive delivery systems to make a profit. Such a move seeks to exclude the poor from cannabis use. As for me I demand my right to SMOKE my cannabis! I prefer inexpensive blunts most of all, thank you very much. However joints made with inexpensive Bambu or E-Z wider papers are also accptable. I have no interest in pretending to be a rich anti-tobacco snob who sports a trendy o-vape pen. By the way I also insist on my right to smoke tobacco as well.

2. Rob says:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a lighter?
      I’m currently using this Bro lighter and I’m pretty pleased… http://www.stonergadgets.com/the-lighter-bro-a-stoners-best-friend/

3. gweedo says:

I really really do not like to see paid endorsements on this blog. I hope this does not become a trend because this is not good.

4. TheOracle says:

Vaping can be done with the bud. I agree that states passing medical marijuana laws that force people to vape the oils legally available only from corporations that are going to grow big and fat thanks to the monopolies the states are creating by limiting the number of licenses. You can’t just grow your own but have to wait for the state to open the stores. Product can’t come in from out of state so if established already in another state they just open up for business in your state, brick and mortar in the state.

Vaping the bud, no one wants to lug a Volcano around.

The feds just need to remove cannabis from any kind of schedule altogether.

DC politicians will never agree which schedule of the CSA cannabis should to be in.

1. Some politicians want to make a sub-schedule R within schedule I.

2. The CARERS wants to put cannabis in schedule II.

3. Marinol (generic Dronabinol) is in schedule III. The DEA moved it from I to II and then to III. It looks like moving cannabis from I to II wouldn’t allow the prescription to be refilled or something like that according to the quote below.

“On May 13, 1986, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) issued a Final Rule and Statement of Policy authorizing the “Rescheduling of Synthetic Dronabinol in Sesame Oil and Encapsulated in Soft Gelatin Capsules From Schedule I to Schedule II” (DEA 51 FR 17476-78). This permitted medical use of Marinol, albeit with the severe restrictions associated with Schedule II status.[79] For instance, refills of Marinol prescriptions were not permitted. At its 1045th meeting, on April 29, 1991, the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, in accordance with article 2, paragraphs 5 and 6, of the Convention on Psychotropic Substances, decided that ?9-tetrahydrocannabinol (also referred to as ?9-THC) and its stereochemical variants should be transferred from Schedule I to Schedule II of that Convention.”

Alcohol and tobacco are excluded from the Controlled Substances Act in the excerpt quoted below.

“The term “controlled substance” means a drug or other substance, or immediate precursor, included in schedule I, II, III, IV, or V of part B of this subchapter. The term does not include distilled spirits, wine, malt beverages, or tobacco, as those terms are defined or used in subtitle E of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
      —21 U.S.C. § 802(6)[25]”

The CSA refers to a section in the IRS Code of 1986.

“The Internal Revenue Code is the body of law that codifies all federal tax laws, including income, estate, gift, excise, alcohol, tobacco, and employment taxes. These laws constitute title 26 of the U.S. Code (26 U.S.C.A. § 1 et seq. [1986]) and are implemented by the Internal Revenue Service through its Treasury Regulations and Revenue Rulings.”

and

“Subtitle E covers alcohol, tobacco, and other excise taxes. Chapter 53 deals with machine guns, destructive devices, and certain other firearms.”

Barry, please instruct the IRS to add cannabis to the IRS Code of 1986 section E, and elsewhere as necessary, along the lines of alcohol and tobacco at the same time that you remove it completely from any kind of schedule. Barry, that very same directive will have to keep the federal tax on cannabis low enough to compete with the black market. Alcohol and tobacco are taxed at the federal level. Cannabusinesses ought then be allowed to take the standard deductions and be treated as any other legal business.

The states still have their versions of the CSA, and for most of the states cannabis will be in schedule I of the state’s schedule.

Forget all these cockamamie ideas of keeping cannabis in any kind of a schedule. There will be gridlock from prohibitionist obstruction. It’s a prohibitionist stalling tactic to have debates on which number, and the country is long past that point. The feds stopped taking new members into the New Investigational Drug Program in 1992 because cannabis was deemed to have no medicinal value. (That’s Poppy Bush! NOT! But get well soon anyway.)

Geeh, I wonder why they didn’t have the studies and the research into the positive sides of cannabis.

Hey, prohibitionists, it’s 2015 and you lost. Just about every intellectually honest person knows there is no reason to keep marijuana illegal, no reason to keep it in the CSA schedules.

When Boehner said he supports bringing sentencing reform to the floor for a vote I sure hope that there will be something in there freeing cannabis from the federal chokehold. It sounded like Barry and John were in some kind of agreement about sentencing reform.

Imagine the feds are collecting taxes from the legal states, and some of that money gets sent back to the states, you know, some of those dollars are going to non-legal states, prohibitionist states that get more from the federal government than it pays in.

You prohibitionists have lost. The public is more afraid of so-called synthetic marijuana and not really afraid of real marijuana. You lost. Just legalize!

5. Joel: the other Joel says:

I just like to get high with the sweet smell of cannabis in the air and enjoy life while my mind expands. O.penVape is cool and hopefully they always use a variety of real cannabis.

6. TheOracle says:

Only the rich will be able to afford all these registration and licensing fees as long as patients aren’t allowed to grow their own under medical only legalization in some states in some legislation. Guam for example is going to charge $35,000 for cultivation site registration and then another $1,000 for a cultivation license. That’s just for one year, and renewal fees cost exactly the same. Looks like that means that unless the patient can cough up the big bucks, as if the medical bills aren’t enough in some cases, the rich who can afford that kind of thing and/or their companies are going to grow big and filthy rich on the backs of the little people, the everyman, because the government is limiting how many entities will be approved for registration and cultivation.

Cronyism! Any kind of legalization, even blatant cronyism of the well-to-do and well-connected folded into legalization, we keep reading and hearing we should vote for, urge our politicians to vote for, any kind of legalization is better than prohibition. It is but only barely better than prohibition.

Let’s go, Barry! Nobody cares about the international treaty shit of 1961. It’s just in the way. Republicans, just think of how much money you’ll have from legal cannabis to wage war, the CIA style intelligence routes via the cannabis trading routes around the world. Follow the money to make sure they’re not buying weapons and doing things that lead to terrorists turning around and killing us industrialized and westernized countries.

Law enforcement has real crimes it needs to focus on preventing, thwarting and solving, like domestic terrorism. Leave the cannabis community alone! Legalize now!

7. Dave Evans says:

W, I agree oils are wack. And also corporations should not be making oils, but rather Wax. And of course people should be able to grow their own.

However, vaporizing Marijuana Wax is what we should be doing. It hits solid like a blunt, but there is no smoke and no extra material like “oil” to worry about.

8. George says:

Unless you are making regular contributions to NORML then you cannot complain about paid posts. NORML needs money to continue and expand efforts, so if a few paid posts appear on the blog, great.

Also, I enjoy vaping wax as well as smoking flower. Vaping is more convenient for on the go and for at work use. Also, a vape pen and some oils/wax are much easier to take on a trip than a skunky bag.

As for O.penVAPE, their Go.Pen was the first pen I purchased. I used it everyday and it was great. It has 3 pieces – battery, atomizer, and mouthpiece. For the price of the pen and replacement atomizers this pen is a great value. It works quite well too for how small it is. I bought it on vacation in Denver, but local headshops don’t sell the atomizers (At least 6 months ago when i last checked). Not a big deal since they are on their site or amazon.

I ended up losing it in the snow, so I had to get a new pen. I bought a Dr. Dabber and a Atmos Raw. In spring after the snow melted, I found my Go.Pen laying in the grass. The pen held a charge while being lost in snow for 2 months and sitting through the thaw.

I now use the Dr. Dabber daily, however I plan to use the pen if I need to conceal it as it is very small and can be easily hidden.

Thanks NORML and keep up the good work!

9. TheOracle says:

Donald Trump has soared to the top of the popularity polls. Part of that has to do with immigration reform. His characterization of illegal Mexicans as being drug smugglers, among other things he mentioned, is something a significant part of the public is concerned about. I’m not buying that a majority of illegals are that, but it’s looking like cannabis will have to be legalized federally first so that the underground incomes dries up and they self-deport, as I’ve heard many a time, gotten many an earful about from people who think like Trump. Then they want the U.S.-Mexico border secured the full length, and since there will be space freed up in prisons after Obama’s prison/sentencing reform and legalization, that’s for the problem/criminal illegals who commit actual crimes other than entering the country illegally or staying here illegally for whom there is supposed to be a pathway to a legal guest worker program and/or legal citizenship.

It’s unclear to me what Trump’s big picture is. I have great respect for the man because of the wealth he’s accumulated, but I’m not so sure he’ll be able to maintain his composure when necessary and will make Chris Christie look like his kid brother.

10. Frant says:

Well….I also used to smoke instead of vap….why would you want to take in ‘burning’ anything? So much safer to vap or eat or cook with. If there’s anything detrimental with grass it’s actually smoking it….it’s not the weed, it’s the paper burning….not good…..