An Important Message From Whoopi Goldberg

• by Whoopi Goldberg September 5, 2017

Whoopi GoldbergI’m writing to you with an urgent request: that you join me in telling Congress to protect lawful medical marijuana patients and programs from Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Send a message to your member of Congress NOW

Since 2014, members of Congress have passed annual spending bills that have included a provision protecting those who engage in the state-sanctioned use and dispensing of medical cannabis from undue prosecution by the Department of Justice. The amendment, known as Rohrabacher-Blumenauer, maintains that federal funds cannot be used to prevent states from “implementing their own state laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession or cultivation of medical marijuana.”

Thirty states have or are in the process of implementing a lawful market, serving millions of men, women, and children who depend on their medication.

I started my company Whoopi and Maya so that women suffering from debilitating menstrual pain could find relief from a safe, natural product rather than turning to potentially addictive and dangerous pharmaceutical drugs.

It is absolutely critical that we ensure these patients can continue to access their medicine.

Attorney General Sessions and the Department of Justice should not put patients at risk! Stand with me and NORML in our fight to defend medical access to cannabis by writing your elected officials in support of the Rohrabacher-Blumenauer Amendment today.

Join me in sending a message to Congress now

Thanks for all that you do,
    Whoopi

41 Responses to “An Important Message From Whoopi Goldberg”

1. Joe Clark says:

I support Rohrabacher-Blumenaurer Amendment.

2. Miles says:

Thank you Whoopi for doing your part for this important cause. It is outrageous that so many good people have suffered because of obviously unjust laws.

I took the action you endorse and hope it does some good.

3. Daniel Trumbo says:

Please leave state issues alone and tell Jeff Sessions to resign and then appoint a professional Attorney General to legalize Cannabis federally for the betterment of the country.

4. Mark Mitcham says:

Thanks, Whoopi!
      People tend to be judgmental about claims of pain, particularly when that pain is given as a reason for medical cannabis use. Men, who will never know menstrual pain, tend to roll their eyes and scoff at the notion of treating it with cannabis. But we men have no right to decide for women which medicines are most appropriate for their menstrual cramps. Don’t even try, “mansplainers!”

5. Julian says:

Whoopi, if you can convince my conservative, Mexican wife to consume marijuana for her PMS this man will promote your product.
      How bout your own strain? Call it “Whoopi Kushin”

6. Andrew says:

I hope this is a joke, I’m not trying to seem insensitive but I voted for medical marijuana so those suffering from cancer can eat and have have a better life. I support it for vets who suffer from PTSD, who use this to help deal with things they saw while deployed in war. I support those people who use it for anxiety, and I will continue to vote in favor of anything that help these people have a better life. however sending a letter that doesn’t mention any of those people, but talks about her foundation to help women obtain medical marijuana for debilitating menstrual pain, is a joke. I think cancer and PTSD are a little bit more debilitating than cramps. She should be ashamed of herself for turning something important into a joke and norml should be ashamed for posting this. Now I have heard women say marijuana does help, I’m more concerned about people who are on the brink of death not someone who doesn’t want to take a extra strength Tylenol.

• Mark Mitcham says:

@ Andrew,
        What did I just say?
        Shut the hell up, mansplainer! You don’t know what the hell you are talking about.

• Julian says:

Unless Andrew is a girl’s name or you are a hermaphrodite I’m going to safely assume you dont have ovaries, so for the sake of pain management of any kind any where lets all agree to not “joke” about pain we know absolutely nothing about.

We can, however, have empathy for someone in pain even if we dont share it. If I kicked you in the balls and watched you writhe on the floor while I smoked a joint would you think its fair if a woman walked by and said, “he thinks thats pain? Try menstrual cramps! What a joke.”

Some women suffer from menstrual pain more than others. Some cancer is more painful than others. No one is saying that by promoting marijuana for use on one type of pain is saying it should not be used on the other… particularly NORML is not saying that.

Have you clicked on ANY of the links on this webpage? Are you aware of the vast variety of laws NORML supports?

• Anonymous says:

Your an idiot and no help to the cause!

7. Theresa Wiseman says:

I, fully, support medical marijuana. I do not want to see anyone lose their medication. I support the Rohrabacher-Blumenaurer Amendment.

8. Cheryl J Nuttall says:

I support the Rohrabacher-Blumenaurer Amendment

• Julian says:

Rorhabacher-Blumenhauer.

I know, its a tough spell, but thats how we keep Trump from tweeting about it! :-)

• Julian says:

“Rohrabacher-Blunenauer”
          Lol…
          Talk about irony. Not only did I mispell the amendment (again) The nitwit in chief turned out to be a chaotic help… now that he left the debt ceiling negotiable in December just to get revenge for Ryan and McConnell not “protecting” him from the Russian investigations, now we have our only opportunity to protect the R&B amendment by lobbying our Congressman into a “Marijuana-Ceiling” agenda… and tying marijuana amendments into the Debt Ceiling.
          Whoopi, can you go public with this agenda and get your fans linked up with this plan? We need to tell Democrats in the House that tying mmj to the debt ceiling is the only way to protect mmj patients from a double-Sessions crackdown.

9. Two_Bears says:

This is about the only tine i have ever agreed with Whoopi Goldberg.

As my Ubcle Bill used to say “Even a blind pig fibds an acorn now abd then.”