Talk About Marijuana At Christmas This Year

• by NORML December 23, 2017

134097_10150140899238032_23906288031_8089338_6869920_o-e1322953486444-500x166We have much to be merry for this year. Lawmakers in 26 states have passed legislation to advance cannabis reform, including New Hampshire becoming the 22nd state to decriminalize marijuana and West Virginia becoming the 30th state to pass a medical marijuana program.

This progress has come as a result of years of organizing and conversations with our fellow citizens about the role of government in relationship to a plant. Having the tough conversations about the scope of the government’s right to stop, search, and incarcerate individuals for possessing or consuming marijuana for either personal or medical benefits.

And now for the first time ever, Gallup polling recorded outright majorities of Democrats, Republicans, and Independents supporting the legalization of marijuana. The only way to find out if this includes your aunts, uncles, cousins, and other relatives is if you bring it up.

So use us as a resource – NORML.org has FactsheetsTalking Points, and you can even pass your phone or computer around the table to have your friends and family contact their lawmakers right then and there to support reform in our Action Center.

As we look toward an uncertain future, we know we must work to both sustain our existing gains and to win future victories. With your continued financial support, we are confident that we can bring the era of marijuana prohibition to an end and usher in the new era of legalization. Together, we will be unstoppable. Together, we WILL legalize marijuana across this great country.

From all of us at NORML to all of you, we hope you have a very, very green Christmas.

Onward.

24 responses to “Talk About Marijuana At Christmas This Year”

1. Julian says:

Merry-Juana Christmas!
      I don’t wanna miss this
      Like a NORML curved paper
      Im about to twist this
      Legalization
      On a Marley Uprising vynil
      And get that tingle up the spinal
      While bells jingle till the final
      ash burns up my sinal

But they say “Jules,
      You broke the rules
      When you infuse
      Your weed-dules
      And rhyme tools
      On fake fools
      That deny Jesus did use”
      …The Sacred Herb…
      But I kick it to the curb
      Too bad if I disturb
      Our view of Christ in the superb
      So kick back and roll a joint
      while I prove my point
      And Holy anoint
      this Kanneh-bosem
      Just like Moses chosem
      From priests to Kings
      He rose them
      With indicas
      And rosin
      From India to Mogadishu
      The herb made people see true
      Get close to God and heal through
      The slave mentality too
      Up the Nile went these optics
      With Ethiopian Coptics
      Pharisees still cant stop this
      Incense burning weed, that brought this
      Like the Wise Man who frees us
      N brought the Herb to baby Jesus
      A Zoriaster master
      Who burned the Herb more than to please us
      To avert disaster faster
      Breathe in slow, let Peace perceive us
      And if you still don’t believe us
      That Jesus smoked Sativas
      Then your church is selling veiles
      Cuz Cannabis made the sails
      And filled the Holy Grails
      While Jesus Inhales large bales
      With the Scythians
      So long before Christmas begins
      Communion made so many grins

So Merry-Juana Christmas

Make sure we vote
      And call our Congressman
      If anything I wrote
      Hits a note
      Hang on this one:
      Mathew 25:44
      Alright, now I’m done

And one more thing,
      Uhmm…
      Merry-Juana Christmas!

• Dain Bramage says:

That’s good shit!

• Evening Bud says:

The man has a way with words! The Sugar Hill Gang meets Bob Marley!

• Julian says:

Supplies in Vegas-station
        Made dry implementation
        A sad presentation

We resisted we refused
        A State Judge had you recused
        The state legislature choosed
        N freed the weed you boozed
        Now your whole branding is bruised
        So your alcohol is fused
        With marijuana… you losed

Number Nine:
        Conservative Beaurocrats
        How far did you lose the stats?
        You used to be the fat cats
        Now youre running like the rats
        Nixon branded your bad facts
        Since Controlled Substances Acts
        Now even Republicrats
        Are like “Go legalize” thats
        Covering your MAGA hats

2. Mark Mitcham says:

Have a Mary Jane Christmas!

3. Many years ago I purchased two $100 pound certificates From NORML on the understanding when weed became legal I would get a pound of weed for redemption of the certificate. How do I redeem my certificates?

4. Julian says:

Here’s an interesting marijuana conversation:

Gotta hand it to this guy Beasley: A sensational escape from a Bali prison… from sawing his way out of the roof during the rain to a motorcycle and a speedboat… for a simple .7 grams over the trafficking limit for his mmj… only to get recaptured in an alley after emailing his family… caught the attention of Fox News and the President.

Trump is investigating the charges and may intervene.

My first thought about this is that Fox News wouldn’t have picked up this story if Beasley hadnt made a sensational prison break. The 5.7 grams of weed is a bit more contraversial than a stolen pair of sunglasses for the Russian State Fox Media to get involved.

The President, however, appears to enjoy the power and ability to meddle in foreign criminal affairs and paint himself a hero. To which I say let him… if only he would look at the prisoners here in the US as well,
      such as a man in Louisiana facing life in prison over a small possession of marijuana.

My second thought reading this story was that it wasn’t so much the small marijuana charge the caught the President’s attention as the glamour of escape. I bet Trump wishes he could escape the White House with all of his finances with Russia under investigation. What a terrible irony for the power of the Presidency that the Secret Service never leaves the President’s side. Not even in the bathroom after a bucket of KFC… I don’t inow if that’s loyalty or sadism. Trump must fantasize escaping and I think he identifies with Beasley, through some psychosis in which he identifies himself through Fox state media.
      (continued…)

5. Julian says:

I’ve commented here before on how dangerous it is to rely on anything Trump does or says, or to
      trust Fox State Media commercial time in attempt to influence his ephemeral attention span or persue the fleeting illusion we can direct or guide his decisions anymore than we can train a goldfish to play fetch. Its funny when John Oliver airs condescending yet educational ads on Fox mostly just to piss him off, but we can NOT give our money to Roger Stone and think it wont get filtered into some schedule 2 quasi prohibition.

Regardless of the outcome for Trump or Beasley, how the Russian State Fox channel covers this story without pissing off either Trump or their prohibitionist doners will be real, genuine entertainment. It’s tragic irony how Trump tortures his greatest supporters out of infantile self interest, impulsive greed and delusions of grandeur.

Still, what will be the political ramifications of the President recuing Beasley? How will the President react to a positive American response? Or a negative one? It’s like studying a strange orange rat with narcissist personality disorder in a Pavlovian cheese maze, except the cheese in this case is marijuana and the rat is our President.

6. Dain Bramage says:

Christmas? Oh, right, right, right… must have slipped my mind. For me, it’s Four-twenty, Three sixty-five. Cheers!

7. Miles says:

Regarding talking about MJ during Xmas: My entire family knows I use the herb and their biggest concern is that I might get busted some day. They know it helps me. They know I’m a good person they can count on. They know how hard I work every day to take care of all my responsibilities.They know that, in spite of my herbal use, I am a valuable asset to my family and to my community.

Wouldn’t it be nice if the Feds could come to understand that, regardless of what Jeffrey Sessions thinks about cannabis consumers, many of us are good responsible Americans!

8. TRACY says:

we always think green merry christmas norml thank u for your support in marijuana reform

9. Dain Bramage says:

TRUMP’S PLAYBOOK:
      The 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism
      Dr. Lawrence Britt
      Free Inquiry
      Spring 2003

Britt found many commonalties between the regimes of Mussolini, Hitler, Franco, and some Asian and Latin American regimes.

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism – Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia.

2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights.

3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause.

4. Supremacy of the Military – Even when there are widespread domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected.

5. Rampant Sexism – The governments of fascist nations tend to be almost exclusively male-dominated.

6. Controlled Mass Media – Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives.

7. Obsession with National Security.

8. Religion and Government are Intertwined.

9. Corporate Power is Protected – The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.

10. Labor Power is Suppressed.

11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts.

12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment – Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws.

13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption.

14. Fraudulent Elections – Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against, or even assassination of, opposition candidates – use of legislation to control voting numbers orpolitical district boundaries, and manipulation of the media.

• Dain Bramage says:

Here’s my point regarding the above Fascism Primer: Marijuana legalization must occur within a Democracy.

Marijuana legalization cannot exist under a fascist regime, because Freedom itself is illegal under a fascist regime.

That is why the marijuana legalization community MUST reject and repudiate that fascist fucker Trump, and his Republican enablers!

That much I am sure of.

Looking ahead? I say, rather than vote third party in 2018, instead, we progressives must continue to take over the Democratic Party at the grassroots level, just as we are doing now (Right on, Women!)

The pro-corporate neo-liberals will not be able to stop us, because they won’t control the pursestrings to the grassroots money. We push the Democrats to the left — hard!

Then, unified, we will beat the fascist Republicans, who, despite their Bullshit Marketing Campaigns, steadfastly oppose marijuana legalization — indeed, they oppose Freedom itself.

It’s working; keep it up!

• Evening Bud says:

I agree with all of your points, and wholeheartedly agree that progressives must take back the Democratic Party from the Centrist (corporate) Dems, who have helped the GOP enrich the rich at the expense of the middle class and poor.

10. Miles says:

This morning I shined my dancing shoes in the hope that Sessions is buried this year. I’ll dance on his grave even if it means going to Alabama to do it.